Inspireme// Casual Friday

7:41 PM

left Amanda/ right Jill
Tell us about yourself and how you started blogging? 
Jill & Amanda -We're just girls born and raised in California who love a good burrito, 
a tall glass of wine, and warm summer nights. Jill always wanted to start a blog
 but never knew where to start. When we met it was like meeting our own fashion obsessed soul mate. 
We would constantly talk about the latest things we were obsessed with,
all the while wearing our newly purchased Litas. When Jill moved to a different city,
 the blog became our way to stay connected, obsess over each others' outfits,
 and laugh at the realization of all the same items we owned. 
What do you do when you’re not blogging? 
Jill- When I'm not blogging I'm ideally with friends.
 However, between being an adult and everyone's busy schedules, it can be quite difficult sometimes. 
When I do find that free time, I spend as much time with my boyfriend as possible,
 wine nights with my girlfriends, and taking trips whenever I can. 
Heading down south to visit Amanda is definitely a fun one! 
 
Amanda- Being a grown up and stuff like that. Most of the time I'm at work,
 and I'm very fortunate to enjoy what I do! When I'm not working I'm at home 
with my cats, at the beach with my boyfriend, or eating delicious food somewhere! 
 
Who are your favourite brands/designers? 
Jill- I think we both would agree that we tend to love particular pieces 
from designers rather than the bulk of their work. 
But I do love the minimalism of Alexander Wang and Isabel Marant is just amazing. 
 
Amanda- Ditto Jill - It's impossible to love every single thing someone designs. 
But Isabel Marant and Céline have a lot of pieces that do it for me. 
 
How would you describe your own personal Style? 
Jill- This is always a tough question for me because one day I could be feeling very bohemian,
 then the next day want to be completely rocker/grunge. I like to identify with west coast, 
California style- a little less polished and more unkempt and laid back.
 
Amanda-It changes all the time. I'm usually always some form of slouchy...
I'd probably stick out like a sore thumb in NYC. 
 
What fashion trends are you enjoying now? 
Jill- I currently am in love with super short shorts, leather sleeves on jackets, 
and black ankle strap heels. 
 
Amanda- Sneakers! Better yet...platform sneakers, thanks to my inner Baby Spice.
 
What would you never wear? 
Jill & Amanda- You will never catch us wearing anything resembling harem pants. 
Ever. 
Do you have a style icon? 
 Jill- My earliest style icons were the Olsen Twins (of course).
 The women I currently drool over are Alexa Chung, Kate Bosworth, and Erin Wasson.
 Amanda- Erin Wasson for sure! And Miranda Kerr definitely pings my radar... 
 
What are your favorite blogs?
Jill- My favorite blogs are Fashion Toast, Natalie Off Duty, and The Man Repeller.
 
Amanda- Fashion Toast and Man Repeller. Jill and I really are the same person, you see.
 
What is your favorite film,song and book/magazines? 
Jill- My favorite classic would be "The Graduate," 80's movies like "Troop Beverly Hills," 
and suspense thrillers like the Bourne Identity trilogy.
 I hate all scary movies. Except for the original 'Psycho.' That was just amazing. 
Currently I love listening to M83, Lykke Li, LCD Soundsystem, and Cut Copy. 
And Stevie Wonder!
 I love flipping through the pages of Nylon and W Magazine. 
There also is nothing like the inspiration you get from Japanese magazines.
 
Amanda- Anything I can move to. And Paris Vogue is always a good time. 
 
What can't you live without?
 Jill- I couldn't live without eyeliner, my phone, rice (the Asian in me), friends, boyfriend, 
and I would absolutely never survive without my number one love; chapstick. 
 
Amanda- My watch. I wear it everyday. I'm just used to it on my wrist...and my Burt's Bees,
 since I have perpetually chapped lips! 
 
Where will you be in 10 years?
 Jill- In 10 years I hope to be a mommy still living somewhere in Southern California with my hubby
 in a skyrise apartment. I would love to own my own store and also be the raddest soccer mom. 
 
Amanda- Traveling the world and seeing new things. Still. 
 
What’s on your wishlist at the moment?
 Jill- Currently on my wishlist is the UNIF concho belt, Jeffrey Campbell Soiree heels, 
the Stone Cold Fox Onyx Gown, and the Proenza Schouler PS1 bag. 
Or the Alexander Wang Brenda bag. I'll take either. 
 Amanda- A Givenchy Obsedia and Céline Bam Bam heels! 
 
Amanda & Jill For Casual Friday 
 
Amanda & Jill For Casual Friday

You Might Also Like

0 Loves

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe