InspireMe// Watermeloncrush

8:16 PM


Tell us about yourself and how you started blogging?
I moved from my home country Sweden when I was 18, across the world to Sydney,

Australia on my own. I wanted an easy and fun way to keep in touch with my friends and
family, and began blogging. Fashion being one of my greatest interests and passions, this
influenced my posts a lot and pushed the blog in that direction. I have blogged for over 3
years now, and I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my blog!


Who are your favourite designers?
I'm a Chanel girl at heart. I still dream of working there one day... ha! But for every day
wear I love Sass & Bide, Stylestalker, Wildfox Couture, Alice McCall, Tighttigers, Bec &
Bridge. I love the ever-evolving world of trends and all these brands offer that without
putting a hole in your wallet. I can completely justify the occasional Louboutin shoe buy,
or that YSL ring... they're just must-haves.


How would you describe your own personal Style?
Comfort is key, and for me luxury is something that is wearable and makes you feel a
million dollars. I'm a sucker for denim shorts, ankle booties and a basic tee. Personal
jewellery can change up any outfit, and I have my basic pieces that I wear all the time. A
band t-shirt or an un-even hem dress never goes past me. I also love a good heel. It
changes everything. And if you've got a great set of pins - a pair of tights are never, ever
wrong.


What fashion trends are you enjoying now?
The knitted summer dresses and shorts have become a slight obsession for me at the moment. It's summery and romantic, and living in Australia you have to learn how to dress light - or else you'll melt. Seriously. Anything boho is something I'll snap up straight away, I love feathers, statement cuffs, frayed denim and washed out tees.

Do you have a style icon?
Christine Centenera. Elin Kling. These two women are two walking inspiration sources.

What are your favorite blogs?
Rumi Neely's fashiontoast is inevitably the best fashion blog around. No arguments
there. But I also love following smaller blogs from my home country, such as Columbine
Smille, Hey Gia, Ellen Claesson, HannaMW, After DRK... I've always found Swedish girls to
be just that little bit ahead in fashion an trends so I love reading about what they're wearing
and what up and coming back home in Stockholm.


What is your favorite song, book and film?
Right now I can't stop listening to "My Heart" by The Perishers. I have always loved them
and I will go through intense phases of just listening to them. I haven't had a chance to read
a lot lately as I am a hard working woman (ha!) but the last book I managed to squeeze in
was Miranda Kerr's "Treasure Yourself" - which is a bit of a self-motivator and something to
gather strength from. I have gone through a tough time in my life a few years ago, and this
book was surprisingly uplifting and reminded me to treasure every day and to always do
what you love. Favourite film will have to be The Notebook. It might be every girl's choice,
but I'm just a hopeless romantic.


What can't you live without?
Coffee. Especially on Monday mornings. I couldn't live without music, or my drawing book
and pencil. Being creative is something that makes me happy.

Where will you be in 10 years?
Far, far away from the city life. I'll still be creating, drawing and designing, but at the peace
of mind of my own home and in my own time. Hopefully I will be living somewhere
spacious and free, I miss my horse riding every day so this is something I'd like to be doing
again in the future.


Special Question: What is a normal day for you?
Alarm rings at 5, straight to work on my laptop. In to work by 8am, and work through the
whole day until 6pm. In there somewhere I try to find a quiet moment to draw inspiration,
it can come from a book, a song, taking a walk, a drive, a ride. By the time I get home - I
hopefully have time to do a blog post before me and my man snuggle up in the couch. That
would be the best moment of my entire day.


Steph For Watermeloncrush

Steph For Watermeloncrush

You Might Also Like

2 Loves

  1. Thank you dearest, hope to work with you again xx

    watermeloncrush.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe