InspireMe// Dani

4:31 PM


Tell us about yourself and how you started blogging
I'm a 19 year old graphic design student currently residing in Toronto, Canada.

Though my field of study is not fashion, it has always been my first and foremost interest.
For as long as I can remember, I've been in love with clothes and putting outfits together; it just
seemed natural to start documenting those outfits in a blog!

Tell us about your favorite Post on dani
I think my favourite post is TOPSHOP SUMMER TAKEOVER , merely because I'm wearing a
combination of my favourite things! The gold sequined Club Monaco dress was new at the time,
and I remember being really excited to wear it to the Topshop event.

Who are your favourite designers?
I've never really had a specific designer or design house that I follow avidly throughout the
seasons - but I must say that I've always admired Laura and Kate behind Rodarte.

How would you describe your own personal Style?
I feel like it's near impossible to pinpoint my personal style into a specific category because my
tastes are always changing
I guess if I had to pick, I'd say that I'm a girly girl with boho/punk influences.
Conflicting ideas, but I think that's pretty accurate.


What fashion trends are you enjoying now?
I love the menswear inspired silhouettes in stores right now, with structured,
hard lines and boxy, unconventional shapes.

Do you have a style icon?
Not particularly; I browse blogs and communities like lookbook.nu a lot, but I don't think I could
pinpoint one person as being a "style icon".

What are your favorite blogs?
jean greige , christeric , Oracle Fox , That's Chic , Song of Style

What is your favorite song, book and film?
My favourite musical artist is Rilo Kiley...I can't say which of their songs is my favourite, though!
Book would probably be the entire Shopaholic Series by Sophia Kinsella (how fitting, haha),
and film would probably be Serendipity.


What can't you live without?
In general, I don't think I could live without food...I really love eating. But in terms of like
material possessions, I don't think I could live without my huge, impractical shoes - they're
honestly my weakness and I've started a bit of a collection.

Where will you be in 10 years?
Considering I'm going to school for something other than fashion, my fingers are crossed that
wherever I end up in 10 years I will be happy.
I say this too often, but I can't see myself pursuing graphic design after I finish university.
Hopefully I'll be able to land a job that pertains to fashion as graphic design, though ideally,
I hope that my online store kastor & pollux becomes super successful, and my twin bianca and I
become rich and famous jetsetters.


Special Question: Your Favorite TV-Show as Child?
Hah! Honestly, I watch the same television now as I did back when I was a child.
My favourite television station has always been the Disney channel, and I will watch reruns of
Recess/Doug/Pepperann whenever they're on.

Dani For dani.kastorandpollux

Dani For dani.kastorandpollux

You Might Also Like

3 Loves

  1. love love love! I'm going to follow her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love each and every look!Especially the greenish dress, sheer skirt and fur vest! All the boots are beyond gorgeous!

    X

    Alexandra

    http://fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wow" is really all I can say. Love how the soft, airy layers are partnered with studs and thick metals. Fantastic. Following for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe