Inspireme:Fashematics

3:26 PM


Tell us a little bit about yourself...
I'm a graphic designer and artist by trade, living in Sydney, Australia. In my work over the years I've designed textiles and prints for a number of different fashion designers such as Tina Kalivas, Ksubi and Sixpack France, worked on designs and artwork for London Fashion Week, V Magazine, Pop Magazine and The Daily Beast. I also periodically produce my own fashion products with two partners of mine under the name TRU$T FUN!

Who are your favourite designers?
Up until recently, I would have said John Galliano was my number one favourite and although his personal views have somewhat taken away from his charm I'd still say that his work on his own label and for Dior appeals to me the most.

Do you have a style icon?

Not really, rather oddly I don't actually consume a great deal of fashion myself. My main aim is to always be comfortable - I guess in that regard I'd say that I admire people like Bernhard Willhelm.

What are your favorite blogs?
I like a lot of art and visual culture blogs, websites like http://www.butdoesitfloat.comwww.contemporaryartdaily.com and any number of tumblrs like banquethall.tumblr.com
My wife likes seaofshoes.typepad.com and I often take a peak over her shoulder!

What is your favorite song,book and film?
Hmmm... I'm sure there are probably others, but here are a few that spring to mind.

All is Full of Love (Guy Sigsworth Mix) by Bjork
Imperfect Creation by Marcelo Gleiser
Adaptation by Spike Jonze



What can't you live without?
My wife Annie and my cat Phatskull.

Jonathan and Anni
Via The Selby

Next place you want to travel to...
The next place I'm going to is Barcelona but the next place I'd like to visit is Arches national park in Utah.


Jonathan Zawada for fashematics.com

You Might Also Like

1 Loves

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe